Saturday, October 10, 2009

Women's Bible Study For Chapter 3

Women Motivated 4 L.I.F.E.
Our Covenant with God
Part 3 of 6

Reading Assignment: Our Covenant with God, Chapter 3, “The Curse of the Law”

Memory Verse: “Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us it is written. Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.” Galatians 3:13-14

MP3 Teaching: The Forgotten Weapon – Darlene Bishop, Solid Rock Church, Part 5 and 6
The Blood Speaks – Pastor Sam Hinn, Part 1

Declaration: I choose to believe the Word of God. I will not harden my heart to unbelief, but mix faith with His Word and receive the promises of my inheritance. Because of blood covenant, I abide and prosper under the Blessing. My Heavenly Father, keeps His Word and will not break his covenant with me. Jesus became the curse for me, therefore under the new covenant no curses can come near me, my marriage, my children, my health, my finances, my ____________. No weapon of the enemy will prosper against me, because I overcome him by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of my testimony.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



From the Lecture

What does “covenant” mean?


Explain Ephesians 2:11-13 and how that affects us in this world.




What key role does “unbelief” play in receiving the promises within our covenant?




What do the birds of prey represent in Genesis 15:11? What buzzards are swooping in on your covenant?




Name some similarities between ancient covenant practices, covenant with God through Jesus Christ and marriage covenant?





Explain the word Hesed.




What did you learn from the MP3 teaching?






From the Reading

1) Under the Abrahamic Covenant, if a man refused to obey the law that would bring the blessing what was the result?


2) Since, Satan was already cast down before man actually fell, we can determine that the curse was already present, but why did it not prosper against mankind?


3) What does Joshua tell us about “standing in the middle” in Joshua 24:15?



4) What did God tell Abraham to do in Genesis 17:1 which would guarantee protection from the curses?



5) List the things which fell under the curse in Deuteronomy 28:15-68.








Personal Reflection

Can you relate to any of the curses mentioned in Deuteronomy 28:15-19? Do you see any of them prospering in your life? Mention them below.





Good News!! Reread our memory verse, Galatians 3:13-14, and ask the Spirit to give you revelation of it. Declare it, and keep declaring it to yourself, your situation and the devil that this curse can no longer prosper against you, because Jesus became the curse for you! Hallelujah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment