Monday, January 16, 2012

What Are Your Intentions?

The Lord has really been impressing upon me lately that my intentions need to be in the right place.

He has also been teaching me to praise him regardless of the circumstances around me.

As I have meditated on these two things, I have come to realize how much they are related. They both bring glory to God, and the both demonstrate that He is first in my life.

I believe, now more than ever, that God’s intention for my family is to have nothing but the best. He wants us to be in good health. He wants us to have good finances, and he wants us to enjoy the best that life has to offer.

I know why he wants these things for me. It is the same reason why I want my children to live a good life. No one wants to see their children struggle, but what I am starting to understand is that it is much more than just living a good life.

God has recently taught me that it is not possible to fully walk in His will if I am concerned with the things of this Earth.

Do you think that Pastor Keith Moore worries about how his bills are going to get paid? Do you think Pastor Kenneth Hagan worried about his health or what the people around him were up to?

Not only are the concerns of the world a hindrance to a person’s spiritual walk, but a person cannot tangible full-fill their call. If a person were to be called to be an oversees missionary, how would they be able to do so if they were struggling with their health or their finances. God wants us to be free from those worries so that when He calls us for the Kingdom we don’t have to worry about worldly affairs. Without hesitation, we are able to believe God and act.

Everyone desires good health, financial freedom, and a worry free life, but why should we desire those things?

According to the Bible, we should desire the will of God.

The will of God is also for us to have good health, financial freedom, and a worry free life so that we can be ready to act when called.

I used to want good health because I did not want to go to the doctor, and I don’t like not feeling good. I used to want financial freedom because I wanted to be able to purchase what I want when I want and go where I want when I want.

My prayer has now changed from obtaining these worldly things to: number one; believing and thanking God for them, and number two; asking God to change my heart so that the reason I desire these things is so I may praise Him, honor Him, and give Him all the glory.

I can be living what seems to be the greatest life there is, but if I am not honoring God, it is pointless. There is one thing that I know for sure. The reasons that I use to have did not bring me a blessing that I cannot contain, and until I have received a blessing that I cannot contain, I am falling short of where I need to be. And until I receive a blessing I cannot contain, I cannot be the blessing to others that God wants me to be.

Written by Christian Carlisle


No comments:

Post a Comment