Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Are You Willing and Obedient?




Recently, the Lord has been talking to me about listening more intently to Him. He brought me to Proverbs 4:1-6. It says:
Hear, ye children, the instruction of a father and attend to know understanding. For I give you good doctrine, forsake you not my law. For I was my father’s son, tender and only beloved in the sight of my mother. He taught me also, and said unto me, Let thine heart retain my words: keep my commandments and live. Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not and she shall preserve thee: love her and she shall keep thee.




The Bible is a living Word given to us to learn how to live, overcome and have joy in this fallen world. Nothing can substitute what the Holy Spirit can speak to us, both individually and as a corporate body through divine revelation of the Word. When God speaks to us through His Word and through those whom He uses to teach us His Word, its best that we take heed to what He is trying to get across to us.


One thing I have noticed in the last couple of years is that God is preparing His people to go home. He wants a pure and spotless bride that is ready to stand before Him. He is dealing with us in areas that many of us have desired to be left alone. It’s too hard, emotionally and physically to deal with…or so we have allowed the enemy to convince us.

We must make a choice to believe and trust God to help us let go of the things that hold us back or that seem too painful to deal with. We have to believe that just like ripping a band aid off of a sensitive area – it will only be painful for a few moments, but then we are free of it and can finally move forward without fear or pain!

In Isaiah 1:19-20 it says:  If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

The Lord made it very clear to me that you need to be both willing and obedient when He speaks to you about changing things in your life. If you are not willing you will not be obedient and if you are not obedient then you are not willing.
If you truly have a desire to do what God is calling you to do in these last days and to do it with the Power of God flowing through you…isn’t it time to face those things holding you back and have victory over them?

Philippians 4:13 AMP version says: I have strength for ALL things in Christ (*the Anointed One and His anointing*) which empowers me (I am ready for anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency).   * added from the Greek

He will give you the strength, courage and boldness to do ALL that you need to do and the grace (the supernatural ability) to overcome.

Be Blessed

Pastor Kathy Mosier
Life Church and Training Center
www.lcindy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment