Wednesday, February 13, 2013

We Can Be Just Like Jesus


Just like Jesus


The Bible tells us that we can be just like Jesus. 

1 John 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. 

One of my favorite verses is

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I was made to be like Jesus so I could function the same way He did.  What Jesus did is what I should be doing. 

John 17:4  I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 

John 17:6  I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 

John 17:20-23  “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

If we are supposed to glorify God we must be like Jesus.  Jesus glorified His Father by openly showing the world His Father.  

www.lcindy.com



No comments:

Post a Comment