Monday, June 24, 2013

I Can't Do This


I’m a college kid, and I’ve done some tutoring for school from time to time. Do you know what I've heard people say their biggest problem is? 

“I can’t do this, because I've never been good at ____.” 

Well, I always tell someone that I’m tutoring, “You can do it! Forget what you thought about yourself. The only thing that holds you back is you. Put your mind to it, and you’ll succeed!” 

Trust me though; there’s always a lesson that goes along with this, and here it is.School can be tricky, but it can really relate to just about any problem you face in life. Wouldn't you say that's true? I know because there have been times in my life where things have come at me, and I just thought, “How in the world is this going to turn out right? I can’t do this!” Well, thankfully, I was completely wrong!  

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”  [KJV]

Why was I wrong? Well, it’s because my opinion doesn't really matter! The only thing that matters in this life is God’s opinion of you! 

Do you know what he says about you? If you go to Philippians 4:13, He says that you should be thinking, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” [KJV] 



Woah! Do you mean that I can do anything? If you’re living for God and you’re doing it through Christ, then you betcha! It means that, when your job throws all those crazy deadlines at you or life is coming at you at a million miles an hour, you can take a second and go before God. He knows exactly what to do. Listen to the Holy Spirit, and then go conquer that giant! After it’s over, the most important thing to do is remember from whom your help comes from. Thank God, give Him all the glory, and encourage others to make God their source too!
 



You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment