Sunday, August 25, 2013

Prayer Focus For The Week of 8-25-13

O Lord God, great is Your faithfulness.  Even when things in the world don’t look or sound good, I can still find hope and expectation in Your Word.  I remember how merciful You have been to me in the past and I rejoice that Your mercy is renewed each morning.  Your faithfulness is truly great! 
 
My soul says, the Lord is my portion and I will hope in Him.  The Lord is good to those who wait for Him and seek Him.  I hope and quietly wait upon the salvation of the Lord. 
 
Lord, I wait for You.  My expectation and hope are in You.  As I obediently make the changes You show me, my strength and power are renewed.  I lift up my wings like an eagle and soar closer and closer to You.  When I walk or run, I don’t get weary or tired and faint. 
 
I only desire to seek after You and forever be in Your presence all the days of my life.  There I can look upon Your beauty and meditate and inquire in Your temple and You will always answer me.  
 
Thank You, Father, for Your faithfulness, for it is truly great!  In Jesus’ name, amen.
 
 
 
Lamentations 3:21-26 (various translations)
“But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.” (Isaiah 40:31 AMP)
“One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.”  (Psalm 27:4 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment