Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 3 Love Dare Love Is Not Selfish

Day 3 – Love is not selfish

Rom 12:10 Be kindly affectionate one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

The dare today required that I do something that said “I was thinking of you today.”

My Notes:

I asked myself these questions:

· Do I truly want what’s best for my wife?
· Do I want them to feel loved by me?
· Do they believe I have their best interests in mind?
· Do they see me as looking out for myself first?

I looked at God’s example. He did what was best for me. When He was one the cross, He had me on his mind. He had my best interest in mind. The Bible says in Eph 5:1 “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;” The word follow in the Greek means to imitate God. I am to imitate God. He showed His love to me, therefore, I can imitate Him and show His love to my spouse. I have my wife’s best interest in mind. I would her to succeed.

What did I do for the dare today? I went out and got Kathy a book. She loves to read. I gave it to her and told her I loved her. I was thinking of her today.

Php 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment