Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Love Dare A Journey
Pastor Mitch Mosier is sharing his journey with us.

I took the “Love Dare” not because I have a bad marriage or an average marriage. The truth is I have a marriage made in heaven.
My wife and I have been married for 22 years.
So what prompted me to do this? It was the result of a simple prayer, I prayed one day.
I prayed “Lord let your power flow through me in a more significant way.”
I listened for the Lord to tell me the answer to what I’ve been praying for and the response I heard was out of Gen 1:26
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:…. I thought on that for a few days and the Holy Spirit prompted me to remember that “after our likeness” meant to function like God. I asked the Lord to show me how to function like Him. He reminded me that His Word tells us in 1 John 4:8 that God is Love. I understood that in order to function like Him, I must walk in love.

The answer to this prayer resulted in taking the “Love Dare”. I made the “Love Dare” my forty day journey. I am submitting to the Lord so he can teach me as I read through this “dare”. I put the statements from the book in quotations that especially spoke to me.
1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
http://lifechurchandtraining.org/default.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment