Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Love Dare Love is Patient

Photobucket

Day 1 – Love is patient

Eph. 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;


My Notes:

Saying nothing negative to my spouse is the first dare. Patience has to rule.

“Love empowers.” What a powerful statement! The Bible says in Romans 5:8 “But
God commendth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died
for us.” It was God’s love for me that made me what I am today. His love has
empowered me to succeed. When I love my wife, that same love can cause her to
succeed.

“Love is built on two pillars” Patience and Kindness. “Patience brings an internal calm during an external storm.” No one likes to be around an impatient person. There have been times that I have been impatient with my spouse. “When you choose to be patient, you respond in a positive way to a negative situation.” How true, patience can help you from making rash decisions or saying something you regret later. A lack of patience can turn a situation into a heated argument. I like what the Bible says in Proverbs 15:18 “A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife.”

My home can be a hotbed of controversy or it can heaven on earth. I will follow what God’s Word says in 1 Thessalonians 5:15, “See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

I did not have anything that was negative today about my spouse. I prayed this prayer. Lord let me always remember that you never had any disparaging words for me when I make mistakes. Your always patient with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment