Thursday, July 18, 2013

When We Confess He Forgives

 

Psalm 32:5 I acknowledged my sin unto thee and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

Praise God!! That's something to shout about!! When we confess our sin to the Lord, He forgives us and not only that, but the iniquity of our sin!! Whoo! Hoo!!

Now what does that mean?




Well, I got to looking up that word "iniquity" and here is what I found:

Iniquity defined in the dictionary means...a perversion of the truth which leads to error, a perversion of intent which affects our will.



The Hebrew meaning is...twisted, to be bent or crooked. The Lord then brought up to me that Iniquity causes you to justify your actions. Whoa!!



Iniquity is knowingly doing something over and over again that is contrary to the will of God and continuing in that sin even though you know what you should do!



You ignore that still small voice that says what you are doing is wrong and you need to repent. As you continue in it, it almost becomes a part of you.


How many times have you done that? Your hearing from God and your understanding of the Word becomes dull. And you wonder why your prayers aren't being answered.



How simple it is to just say...God, I come to you with an honest heart and ask that you show me any iniquity in my heart that is blocking me from hearing You. The moment you do that and He shows you something - repent right then! He is Ever Faithful to Forgive you!!

Isn't that AWESOME?!!!
God Love You So Very Much!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment